Sunday, September 21, 2014

The Final Post

Wasn't that an intriguing title? "The Final Post" I bet you were like "Ooo, I gotta read this one".... at least that's what I hope you were like.

This isn't the final post. But, I am going to be changing the way I post. This blog has always been a place for me to vent. It's where I have written my deep dark sorrows. I haven't been writing nearly as much lately, because I haven't had many deep dark sorrows to write about. I don't feel as inspired to write about my joys. That may be disappointing for you. This may have been the part of my healing that you were looking forward to most. So if you want to know how I'm doing, I give you permission to ask. Just remember, I still deeply miss Addison. I still love her. Nothing will replace her and her spot in my heart. And when I feel overwhelmed with sorrow, I might write. I might make small updates on the fb page that I started this journey with (Addison River Rusch Updates) but they usually won't be huge blog posts.

Thank you for following me. For holding me up whether you have made yourself known or not. On average, I know (because blogger tells me) that I have approximately 300 followers. Thank you for being one of them.

The event last week was a huge success. About 70 people attended. Many people wished they could be there but could not. For this reason, we video taped the event. I would like to share this video with you, on conditional terms. You have to come to my house to watch it (hold on out of towners, I have an exception). By coming to my house, you will get to experience Addison's spirit by seeing her nursery, looking at her pictures, holding her momentos. And above all, I will get to see your love for her, which I need as her mother. Upon your viewing of The Untold Story of Addison River Rusch, I would like to present you with a memento which you can wear in her honor. I had many of these at the event, but not enough. Please contact me if you are still needing a memento. Also, there was a long line to sign the attendance journal, I would still love to just at least have your name inside, but if you would like to leave a special note, please let me know.

For those who live out of town, I have uploaded the video on youtube. It is an unlisted video which you will need a link from me to get to. Several out of towners have already asked to see the video and I am happy to share it. My only request is that you not share it with any others without my permission. The link could easily be leaked and I would need to remove the video from the internet because it is not my wish to share such a personal story with the entire world (yet).

Below are some pictures from the event. I wish I could display them as beautifully in my house.

Once again, thank you for all your love,

Addison's Mommy














3 comments:

  1. uh...wut? im so confused lol it sounds like a good story tho :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoever you are, it's not a "good story". It's my tragic reality that my baby is dead and the story of how it happened. Get off my blog or show some more respect.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wut? or u could just shut up and understand that i wuz trying 2 be nice. thx.

    ReplyDelete