Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Birth Announcements

I think I'm going to make a birth announcement. I deserve to, don't i? My baby was born. She was here. She was 7lbs 9oz, 19 inches long and had a head full of hair. She was real. Born at 9:51 am on March 11th, 2014. 

You want to know why I want to do this? It doesn't really come from a good place. And I might hurt some feelings by saying this... But none of my extended family came to her funeral. Nathan's did, and my parents and sisters were there. And I get that my grandparents don't travel easily anymore but COME ON! If I had died, everyone would have come! And in a lot of ways, I have died with Addison. Strangers came to see her. Strangers still even read my blog more than some of my family (thank you btw). It's almost insulting. I'm sick of the excuses. And now I doubt they will ever mention her again to my face. They have no memories to share with me because they didn't come! They could have though.... They could have said how beautiful she was or how perfect the songs were. They could have cried with us. But they didn't come. So here, let me prove that she was worth saying goodbye to. Let me just show you how perfect and real she was. 

Don't pretend she wasn't here. I have a daughter. I expected you to acknowledge her. 

With frustration,

Addison's Mommy

2 comments:

  1. She was part of you and living even before she was born. Her birth was real she did live and she was important. How sad they choose to not share her with you. Also, I am trying to change my picture that google has. I am thankful for you and your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No matter your reason or motivation, I think a birth announcement is a lovey idea.

    ReplyDelete